Vice President of Sales
Position Summary: Desert Valley Media Group is looking for a Vice President of Sales to oversee all aspects of sales operations for DVMG’s three Phoenix stations – Hot 97.5, Power 98.3, and 95.1/94.9 The WOW Factor. The VP of Sales leads a growing team of sales professionals, and helps create, communicate, and lead long-term sales strategies that achieve growth and profitability. The role requires a progressive thinker and marketer who can connect digital to all other aspects of a client business’ multi-platform marketing approach in order to drive growth opportunities. This includes overseeing digital strategies for sponsorships and brand integrations into DVMG and R360 Solutions multi-media assets with the emphasis of leading with our Chosen Rival Gaming’s esports gaming platform as well as emphasis on connecting digital to all other aspects of a client business’ multi-platform marketing approach in order to drive growth opportunities for DMVG’s three Phoenix stations – Hot 97.5/ 103.9, Power 98.3/ 96.1, and The Wow Factor 95.1/94.9.
The Vice President of Sales is responsible for hiring, training, developing, growing, and retaining the sales team/department, as well as preparing the annual budget and effectively managing the sales department P&L. The VP of Sales performs all job functions in compliance with the company’s policies, procedures, standards of performance, and applicable laws. This position is a crucial member of the DVMG Leadership Team, and reports directly to the President/CEO of Desert Valley Media Group..
The ideal candidate has a successful track record in overseeing and managing a media sales organization. He/she is a strategic thinker who uses their analytical, organizational, and observation skills to expertly negotiate, develop, execute, and manage sales strategies and personnel in order to drive revenue and meet customer needs. He/she is a dedicated and motivating leader of people and processes, and is capable of successfully managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines under pressure. The ideal candidate demonstrates a high level of interpersonal, communication, persuasion, and presentation skills that enable them to cultivate outstanding relationships with all levels of internal and external contacts. He/she uses their critical thinking abilities to interpret and apply a variety of policies, procedures, and/or precedents in order to make effective decisions. They fully support the company’s mission, commitments, core values, and maintains the highest level of integrity, ethics, and professionalism in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Develop and execute sales and marketing strategies that maximize opportunities to meet or exceed budget goals and overall company objectives
• Recruit, hire, mentor, and develop all members of the broadcast media sales team to maximize productivity, growth, and retention; manage annual performance appraisals and employee contracts
• Mentor and guide the sales team(s) in building strong customer relationships, identifying value-added business opportunities, and cultivating accounts into long-term customer relationships
• Develop and manage monthly and annual sales forecast and inventory. Manage account assignments to ensure effective account management, customer satisfaction, development of new business and markets, and maximize revenue opportunities
• Establish individual annual sales goals for account managers and establish monthly, quarterly, and annual benchmarks
• Continually monitor and modify current sales strategies to ensure their viability in the constantly changing marketplace.
• Research and provide competitive information to the President/CEO and National Sales Manager, including competitive market rates and ratings, market/industry trends, and internal department developments. Assure
compilation of competitive data and provide a continual flow of station and community information to all Account Executives and national agencies
• Update and/or develop sales procedures including sales contract forms, commission/incentive, and pricing/inventory procedures that garner maximum revenue in current market conditions
• Investigate new revenue streams, and develop creative concepts, promotions, and programs to maximize revenue and department personnel
• Manage the overall sales automation program of the division and assure full utilization of the hardware, software, systems, and reporting procedures established by the company
• Periodically accompany individual account managers on client calls to maintain a presence with station’s rep firm, agencies, and advertisers, to personally assess the effectiveness of station’s client service and to help develop new business
• Review and approve pricing on all strategic proposals, ensuring targets are met and deliverables are accurate
• Positively represent Desert Valley Media Group at client functions and in the community/marketplace
• Ensures outstanding customer service, internally and externally, from all levels of the sales department
• Perform any and all other assigned duties in professional and acceptable manner.
• Establishes Credibility
• Develops and Applies Strategy
• Communicates Articulately
• Exudes Executive Presence
• Leads Courageously
• Listens Actively
• Seizes Opportunities
• Strives for Success
• Delivers Compelling Presentations
• Demonstrates Flexibility/Resilience
• Embodies Organizational Image
• Maintains Strategic Business Perspective
• Coaches and Develops Others
• Holds Others Accountable
• Minimum 5 years of outside media sales management experience; media/communications experience required; broadcast media preferred
• Degree in business administration, communications, or related field (preferred)
• Proficient in MS Office programs and knowledge of CRM software (Efficio)
• Maintain a valid driver’s license and proven ability to safely drive personal vehicle without exposing company to serious liability risks
• Willing to work in a smoke-free environment.
Apply online through any of our station websites listed below or by mail.
www.hot975phoenix.com , www.power983.com, www.951thewowfactor.com
Mailing Address: Desert Valley Media Group, 4745 N 7th St, Suite 410, Phoenix, AZ 85014 Attn: Jeff Trumper
Desert Valley Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer