Full Time Management
POSITION REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Office
POSITION PURPOSE: Overseeing and supervising company activities and employees to align with company goals. Responsible for ensuring the efficiency of the business operations as well as setting strategic goals for sustained success
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. GUIDES BUSINESS DECISIONS by administering, establishing, recommending, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures; developing and implementing policies and procedures that enhance productivity and efficiency of all business functions.
2. MANAGE CASH FLOW, AND LIMITS RISK, ON CASH by assisting in the daily care, custody, and management of corporate funds, control of cash collections and of payrolls and other cash disbursements within established policy.
3. BUSINESS MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: payroll, HR, AP, AR, credit management, month end, reporting, benefits, insurance, contracts, budgets, legal, audits.
4. BUSINESS AND CULTURE AWARENESS. Must be in touch with the pulse of the company. Work to create a culture where employees are valued and can provide maximum value to the company. Develop workplace retention programs that meet the need of employees for meaningful work, growth, challenge, communication and effective leadership.
5. COMMUNICATE CLEARLY AND FREQUENTLY by informing the CEO and appropriate leaders of activities, progress, situations within the Company; recommending policy changes that would enhance the success of the Company; work with department managers to provide strategic leadership, consultation, critical evaluation and recommendations.
6. HR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: recruitment, on-boarding, training, compensation, benefits, policy development and compliance, evaluations, grievances, progressive discipline, terminations, record keeping, employee events and wellness programs.
7. PROTECTS FCC LICENSE by maintaining the public file in compliance with the FCC Public and Broadcasting required standards. Manage and maintain required FCC EEO compliance and reporting that safeguard the station’s FCC license.
8. PROTECTS OPERATIONS by keeping business and personnel information and plans confidential.
9. CONTRIBUTE TO TEAM EFFORT by accomplishing related results as needed; working effectively in a team environment; maintaining a positive rapport with colleagues, vendors, and clients; performing under stress while meeting Company deadlines and needs.
10. WORK IN COMPLIANCE WITH COMPANY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES by taking a proactive role in supporting the Company’s policy to prevent harassment of any kind within the workplace, at off-site places of Company business,
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Education: Degree in Business Management, HR or equivalent with 7-10 years’ applicable work experience.
Computer Skills: Thoroughly conversant and experienced with accounting, payroll, HR systems and computer programs/software
• Thorough knowledge of and experience with business acumen, including strategic planning, HR, budgeting, payroll, dealing with general business problems, conditions, and development of policies, procedures and systems.
• Proven ability to work effectively in every interaction required during the performance of assigned job responsibilities, including sound communication and leadership skills;
• Demonstrate competence in making positive impact on Company’s culture and financial results by using sound decision making skills and ethical practices with emphasis on consulting and counseling with management and department heads.
• Self-motivated, creative individual, who can also organize, consistently display good judgment, act as a role model and team leader and coordinate the work of others.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
• MBA, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification, including continuing education in relevant functions of business management and HR.
Supervisory responsibilities—This position manages and is responsible for the supervision of the Assistant Business Manager
Position type and expected hours of work—full time, Monday through Friday during normal business hours, Works additional hours when required to meet deadlines including odd hours, weekends, holidays, evenings, etc.
Travel—no travel time required outside of commute to office.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance — U.S. law requires companies to employ only individuals who may legally work in the United States – either U.S. citizens, or foreign citizens who have the necessary authorization.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity—Riviera Broadcasting LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Other duties— Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply for Business Manager using the link below:
Apply online through any of our station websites listed below or by mail.
www.hot975phoenix.com , www.power983.com, www.951thewowfactor.com
Mailing Address: Riviera Broadcasting, Attn: HR 4745 N 7th St, Suite 410, Phoenix, AZ 85014